select your device:
Import contacts from an iPhone
Transferring contacts from an iPhone® is fast and easy using iCloud over Wi-Fi. You'll need an iPhone 3GS or later with iOS 4.3.3 or higher. You’ll also need to have a Gmail™ account set up on your HTC One in order to sync your contacts.
If you don’t have a Gmail account, you can sign up for one at gmail.com or directly from the Gmail app on your phone. Need help setting up Gmail on your phone? Just follow our easy instructions before you start the transfer process below.
On your iPhone:
- Make sure your phone is connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- Tap Settings, then iCloud.
- If you have an iCloud account, sign in. If Contacts are off, turn them on.
If you don’t have an iCloud account, create a new account, verify it if asked and then go back to the main settings menu and tap iCloud again. When asked if you want to merge contacts, tap Merge.
On your computer:
- Open a browser and go to icloud.com. Log in if you’re not already logged in.
- Click Contacts.
- Click the gear symbol at the bottom left corner of the page and select Select All.
- Click the gear symbol again and select Export vCard to download a file with your contacts to your computer. Depending on the browser, it may download automatically. If not, choose where to save the file.
- Open a new tab or browser window.
- Go to google.com/contacts. If you’re not already logged in with the Gmail account that’s on your new phone, do so now. You’ll be taken to your Contacts page.
- Click More (above your contacts), then Import...
- Browse to where you saved the vCard file (this will be your downloads folder if it automatically downloaded) and then select the vCard file that contains your contacts. The name of the file should be the name of the first contact that appears in iCloud.
- Click Import.
On your HTC One:
- Drag the notification panel down from the top of your screen and tap .
- Scroll down and tap Accounts & sync > Google.
- Select the Gmail account you used to import your contacts on your computer.
- If Contacts isn’t checked, tap it to check it. The sync should begin on its own.
If Contacts was already checked, tap > Sync now.
- Once the sync completes, your contacts should be on the phone.