select your device:
Samsung Galaxy Note® 3
expand allcollapse all
If you just activated your phone and it's not working, the quick updates below will fix most connection problems.
Before you start, you'll need to turn off Wi-Fi. Pull the status bar down from the top of your screen to open the notifications panel. If Wi-Fi is green, tap it to turn it off.
Once Wi-Fi is off, follow these steps:
- Turn off your phone by holding the power button and then tapping Power off > OK.
- After your phone turns off completely, wait about 30 seconds and then turn your phone back on by holding down the power button for a few seconds.
- Once your phone has restarted, unlock the screen, press and select Settings.
- Tap General (at the top of the screen) > System Update > Update Profile. The update may take a few minutes.
- Tap OK when the update is complete.
- Press to return to the home screen and then tap Phone.
- Test your voice connection by calling 888-281-2461. You should hear a short recorded message if your phone is working properly.
- Press and test your data connection by tapping Internet. If the page loads, your data connection is working.
Phone still not working? Please run through the steps above one more time. This frequently solves the problem. If it doesn’t, give us a call at 800-411-0848 for additional troubleshooting.
If you've lost data connectivity or transferred your number from another carrier, your phone may need a network profile update to access the internet. Please follow the simple steps below to update your network profile. If your phone tries to automatically update the network or device connection at any time during this process, let it complete those updates before you continue with the remaining steps.
Before you get started, please make sure that your Wi-Fi connection is turned off and your mobile data connection is on:
- From your home screen, tap > Settings > Connections (at the top of the screen).
- If Wi-Fi is on, tap the switch to turn it off.
- Tap More networks > Mobile networks.
- If Mobile data isn't checked, tap it to check it.
Once mobile data is on and Wi-Fi is off, you can update your network profile:
- Press twice to return to the main Connections menu then tap General (at the top of the screen).
- Tap System Update > Update Profile. The update may take a few minutes.
- Tap OK when the update is complete. Your phone may restart.
- Test your data connection by tapping Internet on your home screen. If the page loads, your data connection is working.