select your device:
Samsung Galaxy S® III
Import contacts from Microsoft Outlook 2010
Transferring contacts from Microsoft® Outlook® 2010 to your new Samsung Galaxy S III should only take a few minutes. You’ll need to have a Gmail™ account set up on your phone in order to sync your contacts.
If you don’t have a Gmail account, you can sign up for one at gmail.com or directly from the Gmail app on your phone. Need help setting up Gmail on your phone? Just follow our easy instructions before you start the transfer process below.
- Open Outlook on your computer.
- Click File > Open > Import.
- An Import and Export Wizard will open.
- Select Export to a file then click Next.
- Select Comma Separated Values (Windows) then click Next.
- Select Contacts then click Next.
- Click Browse… then type a name for the file and click OK. (By default, this file will be saved to your Documents folder unless you choose to save it to another location.)
- Click Next.
- Wait for the export to complete.
- Go to gmail.com in a browser and log in.
- Click Gmail in the left navigation and then select Contacts.
- Click More at the top of the contacts pane and select Import…
- Click Browse then select the CSV file that you exported from Outlook.
- Click Import. Your contacts should automatically sync with your phone within an hour.