select your device:
Samsung Galaxy S® III
Transfer contacts from another Android smartphone
If you’re coming from another Android™ smartphone and have a Gmail™ account on the phone, your contacts should automatically sync with your Samsung Galaxy S III once you have the same Gmail account set up on the phone.
If you don’t have a Gmail account on your old phone:
- Create an account on your computer at gmail.com if you don’t have one already.
- Launch the Gmail app on your old phone and sign in.
- Sign in to the same Gmail account on your Galaxy S III. Your contacts should automatically sync within an hour.
If you have the same Gmail account on both phones, but your contacts aren’t syncing:
- Connect your old phone to a Wi-Fi network.
- From the home screen of your old phone, press the menu button then tap Settings > Accounts & sync.
- Tap your Google account.
- Check Sync contacts. Your contacts should automatically sync within an hour.