select your device:
Samsung Galaxy S® III
If you just activated your phone and it's not working, the quick updates below will fix most connection problems.
Before you start, you'll need to turn off Wi-Fi. Pull the status bar down from the top of your screen to open the notifications panel. If Wi-Fi is green, tap it to turn it off.
Once Wi-Fi is off, follow these steps:
- Turn off your phone by holding the power button and then tapping Power off > OK.
- After your phone turns off completely, wait about 30 seconds and then turn your phone back on by holding down the power button for a few seconds.
- Once your phone has restarted, unlock the screen, press and select Settings.
- Scroll down and tap System Update > Update Profile. The update may take a few minutes.
- Tap OK when the update is complete.
- Press to return to the home screen and then tap Phone.
- Test your voice connection by calling 888-281-2461. You should hear a short recorded message if your phone is working properly.
- Test your data connection by tapping Internet. If the page loads, your data connection is working.
Phone still not working? Please run through the steps above one more time. This frequently solves the problem. If it doesn’t, give us a call at 800-411-0848 for additional troubleshooting.