select your phone:
If you signed up for the Mobile Hotspot add-on plan, you can share your phone's internet connection with other Wi-Fi devices—like your laptop or tablet—whenever you turn on the hotspot feature. It works best when you're connected to 4G, but can be used on the 3G network as well.
To turn on the hotspot feature and connect devices:
- Drag the notification panel down from the top of your screen and tap > Settings.
- Tap More under Wireless & Networks then tap Tethering & portable hotspot.
- Tap Set up Wi-Fi hotspot. Change the name of your hotspot (Network SSID) and security settings, if desired, create your password and then tap Save.
- Tap Portable Wi-Fi hotspot to turn your hotspot on.
- Turn on the Wi-Fi feature on the device you want to connect. If you're not sure how to do this, please see the user guide for the device.
- Scan for Wi-Fi networks from the device and select your phone's hotspot. If you didn't change the hotspot name in step 4, it appears as XT1056 XXXX.
- Enter the password to connect.
- When the hotspot feature is on, all data use on your phone and connected devices will be charged as mobile hotspot usage, at mobile hotspot rates. To avoid being charged for regular data use at hotspot rates, including possible overage charges, please make sure to turn off the mobile hotspot feature when you're not using it.
- Having both the 4G and hotspot features on drains your phone's battery much more quickly than other features. It's best to plug in your phone while using it as a hotspot if possible.
- Mobile hotspot does not work while roaming.