select your phone:
LG Optimus S™
Need help getting started? Check out our quick start guide.
If you signed up for the Mobile Hotspot add-on plan, you can share your phone's internet connection with other Wi-Fi devices—like your laptop or tablet—whenever you turn on the hotspot feature.
To turn on the hotspot feature and connect devices:
- Press > > Settings > Wireless & networks > Portable hotspot.
- Tap the check box next to Portable Wi-Fi hotspot.
- If you'd like to change the default name (network SSID), security settings or password for your hotspot, tap Portable Wi-Fi hotspot settings > Configure Wi-Fi hotspot. (The default password is 0123456789.) Make any desired changes, then tap Save.
- Turn on the Wi-Fi feature on the device you want to connect. If you're not sure how to do this, please see the user guide for the device.
- Scan for Wi-Fi networks from the device and select your phone's hotspot. If you didn't change the hotspot name in step 3, it appears as AndroidAP.
- If you changed the password, enter it to connect. If not, enter 0123456789 for the password.
- When the hotspot feature is on, all data use on your phone and connected devices will be charged as mobile hotspot usage, at mobile hotspot rates. To avoid being charged for regular data use at hotspot rates, including possible overage charges, please make sure to turn off the mobile hotspot feature when you're not using it.
- Having the hotspot feature on drains your phone's battery much more quickly than other features. It's best to plug in your phone while using it as a hotspot if possible.
- Mobile hotspot does not work while roaming.