select your phone:
BlackBerry Bold 9650
Activation & Setup
Activate your phone
We know it's tempting, but please don't turn on your phone or insert the battery until prompted to during the activation process. We want to ensure that your activation goes as smoothly as possible.
You can activate your phone using our easy self-activation instructions. It shouldn't take more than 10 minutes.
Prefer to call us to activate? Please use another phone to call our customer service team at 800-411-0848. If you're transferring the number from your current phone to your new phone, please don't use either phone when you call us.
This call can take up to 30 minutes. If you'd like help setting up email on your phone, have your user name and password handy.
Please note: If you plan on using your phone while traveling abroad, you'll need to call us to activate your SIM card and enable your phone for international use at least a week before you leave the U.S.
Connecting to the Wi-Fi and Wireless Network
- On the main menu of your BlackBerry® smartphone, click on the Manage Connections icon (an antennae).
- Click Setup Wi-Fi Network.
- Choose one of the following actions:
- Click Scan for Networks and select a network.
- Click Manually Add Network. Type in a network name and click Add.
- Complete the on-screen instructions.
- On the Save Wi-Fi Profile screen, scroll to the Profile Name field and type in a name for the Wi-Fi profile. This will save your information for the next time you connect to this Wi-Fi network.
- On the Wi-Fi Setup Complete screen, choose any of the following actions:
- To change the order of your Wi-Fi profiles, click Prioritize Wi-Fi Profiles.
- To complete the Wi-Fi connection setup, click Finish.