select your device:
BlackBerry Tour 9630
Activation & Setup
Activate your phone
We know it's tempting, but please don't turn on your phone or insert the battery until prompted to during the activation process. We want to ensure that your activation goes as smoothly as possible.
You can activate your phone using our easy self-activation instructions. It shouldn't take more than 10 minutes.
Prefer to call us to activate? Please use another phone to call our customer service team at 800-411-0848. If you're transferring the number from your current phone to your new phone, please don't use either phone when you call us.
This call can take up to 30 minutes. If you'd like help setting up email on your phone, have your user name and password handy.
Please note: If you plan on using your phone while traveling abroad, you'll need to call us to activate your SIM card and enable your phone for international use at least a week before you leave the U.S.
Connecting to the wireless network
- On the main menu of your BlackBerry smartphone, click on the Manage Connections icon (an antennae).
- Highlight Turn All Connections On and press the trackball. This may take several minutes.
- Scroll to Mobile Network Options.
- Check to make sure Data Services is set to On.
- Set aside phone as provisioning will take several minutes. Provisioning will initiate download of all the latest network information your phone needs to run correctly. After your phone is provisioned, you may proceed with setup.
- Click on the Setup Wizard on your phone's main menu.
- The Setup Wizard will walk you through setting up your phone and provides a brief tutorial of key features.
- Simply follow the steps displayed on your phone. You may go back and use the Setup Wizard again at any time.