Questions About CREDO Mobile
You may be surprised to learn that your choice of cell phone isn't neutral. For example, did you know that AT&T has contributed to right-wing politicians working against your values? At CREDO, we've supported progressive causes for more than 28 years, through automatic donations from our members and our citizen-activism programs. Since 1985 we've raised more than $72 million for nonprofit groups like Earthjustice, Doctors Without Borders, Planned Parenthood and the ACLU. So if you stand for progressive beliefs, join the only phone company that stands with you.
Our calls are carried on the all-digital nationwide Sprint® network, reaching more than 280 million people.† So you get great coverage — plus CREDO Mobile's commitment to progressive causes. Our service areas are always expanding, so be sure to check our coverage maps for the latest coverage information.
†Sprint is the network provider only; your service is handled exclusively by CREDO Mobile, and all representations regarding issue advocacy, contributions and donations to nonprofits apply to CREDO Mobile only. Sprint is a trademark of Sprint Nextel.
Yes. You can keep your current mobile phone number when you switch to CREDO Mobile. We can even transfer your current landline number to your new mobile account. After you receive your new phone, transferring your number takes only a matter of minutes, so there should be no gaps in service. For assistance, please call customer service at 877-762-7336.
Many states and local jurisdictions apply unique taxes to wireless services. Taxes vary depending on factors like local tax rates, your billing address, and the origination of your call.
New members get 30 days to explore their new service with CREDO Mobile before the early termination fee goes into effect. All service charges and late/damaged equipment fees will apply during the first 30 days.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept phones from other carriers. You'll need to select one of our phones when you sign up with CREDO Mobile. (View our current phones.) We offer a wide selection of phones, from basic camera phones to messaging phones and smartphones, at competitive prices. For our latest deals, check out our special offers page.
We even make it easy to send in your old phone for reuse or recycling. Just look for the prepaid shipping envelope included with your new phone.
We currently don't offer prepaid mobile service, but we do offer a wide selection of plans. We offer unlimited individual and family plans at prices comparable to other mobile phone companies. (View our current rate plans.) We also offer a number of phones for free or at a special price. (View our current phones.)
Yes. Service on CREDO Mobile smartphones requires that you maintain a smartphone data plan.
Currently, we have three smartphone data plans available: the Email and Web for BlackBerry® plan, the BlackBerry® Enterprise Solution plan, and the Unlimited Smartphone Web plan. Read below for more details.
E-mail and Web for BlackBerry® ($29.99/month): This plan connects you to your personal email, including Gmail, Yahoo Mail, AOL, and others. You can also use this plan to connect to Microsoft Outlook email via BlackBerry® Desktop Software. (Please note: members who need to connect to their company's email server should enroll in the BlackBerry® Enterprise Solution below.)
BlackBerry® Enterprise Solution ($44.99/month): This plan connects you to a corporate BlackBerry® Exchange Server and provides real-time access to your business email, contacts, and calendar. Your company's IT department should be able to provide more details and login information.
Unlimited Smartphone Web Plan ($29.99/month): This plan lets you access your email, the web, and apps on your smartphone. You can download thousands of apps to customize your smartphone.
The ability to transfer your contacts will vary by phone. If you're not sure if your phone can transfer contacts, or if you'd like assistance, please contact our friendly customer service team at 800-411-0848
Yes. All of our phones work in select countries (generally those in South America and Asia). If you need a global phone, we offer the BlackBerry® Bold™ 9930 smartphone, which works in over 228 countries around the world. See our Traveling Abroad page for more information about rates and availability of service.
For international calls from the U.S., please view our list of countries, dialing codes, and mobile rates.
For making and receiving calls while traveling abroad, please view the latest international voice and data rates.
If you'd like to check email or access the internet on your phone while traveling abroad, make sure you test that your data works before you go. Please note that data coverage may be limited in certain countries.
We list the radiation and emissions ratings for all of our phones online. From our home page, scroll to the Phones tab and select All Phones. Click on any phone, and then click on the TECH SPECS tab and scroll down to see the SAR rating.
Every year we ask our members to nominate their favorite progressive nonprofits for funding. Then our staff, along with our board, selects the final groups. Members also can vote on how to distribute the year-end donations among the groups.
We're not just green, we're real green.
- We're the only phone company that's donated more than $13 million to groups like Earthjustice, Natural Resources Defense Council, and Sierra Club.
- We're the only one that prints our bills on all-recycled paper and plants 100 trees for every ton of paper we use (enough for another ton of paper).
- We were the first mobile phone company to join Carbonfund.org's CarbonFree® program by offsetting the estimated lifetime electricity usage and shipping of our phones.
- We make it easy to send in your old phone for reuse or recycling. Just look for the prepaid shipping envelope included with your new phone.
- In the past year our CREDO Action citizen lobby has pushed Congress to pass higher fuel-economy standards and renew tax breaks for clean energy. We helped put a halt to 69 proposed coal-fired power plants and convinced Target to stop selling products made with toxic PVC.
Learn more about our commitment to the environment.
We do our best to lighten the footprint of each phone.
- We were the first phone company to be certified by Carbonfund.org for offsetting the emissions produced by our phones — the fuel it takes to ship them and the electricity they'll use over their life span.
- We're a leader in phone recycling. With every new phone, we include a prepaid shipping label to make it easy to send in your old phone for reuse or recycling. When you recycle your phone through Eco-Cell, they determine its value and then send CREDO the money. We donate 100% of the money to the groups we're supporting this year. Visit credomobile.com/recycle for more info.
- We offer refurbished phones to help keep old phones out of landfills.
- We were the first phone company to offer solar-powered phone chargers.