We’re fighting for progressive values by running an awesome mobile phone company. Want to help?
CREDO is a company like no other. Since our inception in 1985, we've pursued two primary goals: working for social change and running a successful business. Fortunately, we've excelled at both.
We offer a range of products to consumers, most notably our CREDO Mobile cell phone service, which provides support for our mission of progressive social change. We are much more than socially responsible or green – we actively fight for change through activism, philanthropy and electoral work. We strive to make it easy for progressive individuals to make a difference through CREDO Action, our internal team of political organizers, who work with our 3 million activist members to deploy powerful campaigns for progressive advocacy for women's rights, the environment, economic justice, food democracy and LGBT rights. CREDO Action also helps our members engage in critical elections and runs our company's SuperPAC, which in 2012 ran an innovative campaign to defeat the worst Tea Party members of congress.
CREDO's donations program has contributed over 72 million dollars to progressive nonprofits like the ACLU, Democracy Now! and the Rainforest Action Network. We're proud to have been the largest corporate donor to Planned Parenthood, and have made a difference in the early years of Women to Women, 350.org, Sweatshop Watch and many other progressive groups. Remarkably, our members vote on funding allocation annually.
Benefits and Perks
Our employees are our best asset. We provide a generous benefits package including performance and company growth bonuses, top-notch health benefits, one month PTO (Paid Time Off) in your first year, a 401(k) retirement plan with a significant company match and flexible spending accounts.
We also offer:
- A commuter benefits program
- On-site, high-security bike parking
- Thursday afternoon massages
- On-site fitness center and yoga classes
- First-class on-site cafeteria
- Two-minute walk to the Ferry Building and BART
- The only job in the Bay Area where you can actively contribute to taking down the Tea Party
- CREDO's entire operational carbon footprint is offset
CREDO Mobile is an equal opportunity employer.
Vice President of Marketing
CREDO IS LOOKING FOR A DIFFERENT KIND OF VP OF MARKETING
Have you built a big audience for something that mattered in business or politics? Have you found a way to remove the friction that divides social media and commerce? Do you cast your gaze with awe at the wave of disruptive products–like Air BnB and Square–that have redefined what the word 'marketing' means today? Do you find yourself spending a Saturday building a proof of concept test for an idea you have a hunch will succeed and you need data to prove it?
Do terms like "agile," "deliverability," "milliseconds matter" and "Facebook open graph integration" keep cropping up in your strategy notes? Do you enjoy spending just as much time working with engineers and data architects as you do with communicators, analysts and sales directors? Are you familiar with the strengths and weaknesses of the growth strategies of the PCCC, MoveOn, and Participant Films?
Do you love to win? Take as much pride in seeing 100 marginal improvements add up to major gains as getting the single game-changing idea?
Would you like to work for a company with the most innovative progressive superPAC in the country? One that helped defeat Rep. Allen West and four other Tea Party Republicans in 2012?
We want a leader who can reshape our successful marketing for the new ways in which people search for and share information. Someone who has deep experience in direct response marketing but has proven ways to tap the potential of social media to drive significant revenue growth.
Responsibilities and Requirements
Reporting to our President/CEO, the VP of Marketing is responsible for leading internal teams engaged in customer acquisition, renewal and retention, marketing analytics, and marketing communications for CREDO's mobile cell phone service and other consumer products.
This is not a job for someone who sees themselves as primarily an ideas or strategy person – like every senior position at CREDO it's about (oftentimes obsessively) seeing ideas through to their execution, evaluating exact degrees of success or failure, and then working optimize our successes and understand and avoid repeating our failures.
This IS a job for someone who is already deeply engaged in building a better world. They may have a traditional job but volunteer on electoral campaigns. They might have helped to build an innovative and fast growing social change non-profit, while blending elements of the best of business and non-profits. Whatever they do, they want to win and constantly improve.
A successful applicant will blend the best of direct marketing and progressive advocacy and politics. They will have helped build a large audience for something significant, and done so in a cost-effective and measurable manner. That is, when something important was on the line, you delivered.
You will be fascinated by and fluent in classic direct marketing and in new and emerging technologies. Analytical skills should be a given, just as a strong command of the language appropriate for a highly educated, passionate, progressive community.
This position requires excellent management and leadership skills. Our marketing efforts deserve significant budgets, and you would be leading a team of more than twenty professionals.
8+ years of B2C marketing experience with increasing levels of leadership and responsibilities. However, if you have built several startups and you think your five years of experience is worth more than a dozen years in a legacy industry, we're interested in that, too.
This is a full-time position located in San Francisco. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Click here to apply >
Director of Operations
CREDO Mobile is seeking a Director of Operations with a unique blend of telecommunications and billing system experience, technical expertise, and people management skills. A profitable and growing consumer oriented MVNO, CREDO partners with Sprint for network infrastructure and employs a mixture of homegrown tools and outsourced vendors to manage billing, fulfillment, and customer support. This position will play a vital role in keeping us on the cutting edge of network and service offerings, as well as ensuring that the billing and other internal systems keep pace.
Qualified candidates will have demonstrated experience serving as a strong bridge between the requirements of the business, technical implementation, and the ongoing operation, maintenance, and improvement of core business processes and systems. Because we are a small company, the ability to leverage and motivate a team is vital but a willingness to “get your hands dirty” is equally important. For the right person, this job is a great opportunity to own a wide array of mobile operations responsibilities as well as be exposed to the workings of virtually all parts of the company.
Core Operational Objectives
- Oversee all ongoing core business processes, with an eye toward automating manual work.
- Ensure prompt identification and resolution of problems and incidents.
- Build and maintain clear systems for alerting of problems, monitoring of operational health, and analytics to quantify value and prioritize enhancement.
- Drive ongoing enhancement and innovation to support new products, services, and increase operational efficiency.
- Develop and maintain clear documentation of business rules and processes.
Some of the many things you might do:
- Ensure the billing system can accommodate the evolution of LTE and other network developments, including building relationship with necessary contacts at the carrier.
- Identify downstream impacts of share data plans and track associated projects to launch.
- Report to senior management on incident resolution rates and progress toward targets.
- Develop the annual budget.
- Lead contract renewal negotiations with a key vendor.
- Build a cost-benefit analysis for a change to the inventory system.
- Identify opportunities for auditing/reporting that would reduce the number of customer impacting customer service agent errors and work to get them implemented and assigned to the appropriate department/group.
- Previous wireless and vendor management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- People management and team leadership skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- 8+ years management experience
- Consumer wireless product experience a strong plus
This is a full-time position located in San Francisco. Salary is commensurate with experience. Send resume/CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list Director of Operations as the title of your message.
Digital Marketing Specialist
We are looking for a different kind of marketer to join our acquisition team. The right person will be singularly focused on growing our customer base through a mix of traditional online marketing approaches, a reliance on A/B testing and optimization and, ultimately, finding and creating entirely new marketing channels.
This is a great opportunity to play a key role in the future of our marketing and our business as a whole. The role requires a mix of marketing and technical skills, combined with a healthy dose of creativity and a desire to win. We are a unique organization that sits at the intersection of progressive politics and commerce and you should be too.
- Identify and test new customer acquisition channels
- Manage, expand and optimize online acquisition channels, including SEM, SEO and PPC
- Help define a strategy for using social media for customer acquisition
- Develop multivariate testing plans, manage deployment and report on results
- Work closely with engineering team to build out necessary tools that expand our reach and improve our conversion rates
- Expertise in a variety of online marketing channels, bonus points if that experience is in mobile
- Good working knowledge of SEM, SEO, PPC, Facebook, Twitter and email
- Someone who believes good marketing starts and ends with quantitative analysis
- Fluency in the world of API's and platforms — coding skills a plus
- Savvy about the latest and greatest in mobile phones, apps and social networking
- Quick learner who thrives in a fast paced environment
- Fluency in online progressive media and activism outlets
- Previous experience managing direct response campaigns for customer acquisition.
This is a full-time position located in San Francisco. Salary is commensurate with experience. Send resume/CV and cover letter to: email@example.com. Please list Digital Marketing Specialist as the title of your message.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting including managing month-end close. This position will be responsible for maintaining accounting principles and their accurate application following GAAP, preparing accurate and timely financial statements, and developing and implementing internal controls across the company. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and support of budget activities. The Accounting Manager interacts with individuals in many departments throughout the company requiring strong interpersonal communication skills - both written and verbal. To be successful at Working Assets/CREDO Mobile the individual must have a solid accounting background, be extremely detail oriented and systematic, be a self-starter and able to solve problems with minimal guidance, and have professional curiosity to investigate daily issues while pursing long term solutions. Most importantly, we are looking for an accountant who is passionate about what they do and loves to work with others.
Some important duties that will be assigned to the person will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage month-end close, review or prepare daily/monthly bank reconciliations and daily cash management.
- Responsible for managing balance sheet reconciliation including having a thorough understanding of fixed assets, inventory, accruals and deferred revenue.
- Responsible for full AP Cycle including overseeing 1099 process and supervising AP Accountant.
- Ensure policies and procedures (internal controls) are in place to provide reasonable assurance that the company assets are protected.
- Support the sales, customer service and operations teams from an accounting standpoint to achieve their business objectives.
- Prepare monthly financial statements draft and final financials.
- Assist Controller with year-end financial audit and tax filings.
- Work with Controller and other departmental Directors to support budget activities.
- Liaison with banks, billing service providers and customer service providers.
- Have BA/BS in Accounting with at least 5 years of relevant experience including 2 years of public accounting
- Have demonstrated solid knowledge and the application of GAAP
- Proficient with Excel. Experience with Sage 300 ERP and databases such as Access or SQL a plus.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to effectively communicate with others.
This is a full-time position located in San Francisco. Salary is commensurate with experience. Send resume/CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list Accounting Manager as the title of your message.